Wednesday 3 July 2013

Happy Snaps


Ages ago I showed you a picture of my son with a silver bowl on his head (here)...well here is one of the more sensible shots!  

The papers are a mix of Fancy Pants Trendsetter and then a beautiful Ombre background from American Crafts Dear Lizzy.  I started the page by taking out the centre of the woodgrain paper so I could save it for another project and then added the Dear Lizzy paper to it, distressing the edges, I also damped the paper and pulled it down on a couple of edges and layered some paper and a punched piece and secured it all with a button.  I made my own bunting with some hand cut triangles and then some of the longer flags that come in their embellishment packs.  I made a little rosette flower with my sizzix die, then used a mix of embellishments from Crate Paper Cake Walk, Simple Stories butterfly sticker, Studio Calico wood veneers, Glitz washi tape, a Teresa Collins photo sticker which is attached to the journalling behind the photo and Prima's alphabet stickers.  It's quite a pink page for me, but with my niece wearing a bright pink cardigan I thought I could get away with it!

If you would like some more Fancy Pants inspiration then check out the gallery over at ATDML - here is the link.





17 comments:

  1. Love that ombre paper and it's perfect with your nieces cardigan. The bunting is fab and I love the doily with all the wee words on

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great LO - I love how you always make "whitespace" look fabulous.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page, I love the bunting and layering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful page, love the peek-a-boo embellishments at the top and side, and your bunting is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love the little banners (buntings!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kat that is a gorgeous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous page, love that ombre paper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the layers and details

    ReplyDelete
  9. That ombre paper is just lovely and it works so well with the woodgrain and distressing you've added.

    ReplyDelete
  10. such pretty elements you have used and aren't the SC wood veneers lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute layout love the banner and doilies :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous, love the pink!
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely page, especially like the doily and the bunting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice layout! I love that ombre paper and the fun banner :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails