Friday 9 May 2014

Family



Some more MME Cut and Paste and mixed media from me today.   This page started with a gesso base, and then walnut brown glimmer mist, then some stamping in brown distress ink with a grid and chevron, then the papers.  I layered up a few of the more pastel colours from this range, and then added a medical gauze behind the photo, and a circle of twine in different colours.  I used some of the MME chipboard and prima gems to embellish the page, as well as a Martha Stewart butterfly.  I used a chalkboard saying (which I edged in gesso) as it went perfectly with the photo - which is celebrating my Grandmas 90th birthday.  I also used some cosmo cricket word stickers down the side of the page too.  The title is made from American Crafts Thickers.  The final step was a few drips of black ink.

I love this photo of my Grandma sat between her girls - it was a lovely day.













8 comments:

  1. Love that picture ! You made a nice layout out of it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this.. I can't get the hang of ''messy' and you're giving me a masterclass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me smile as it's such a lovely photo of your mum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your backgrouns, very pretty layout !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful page with lots of yummy mixed media elements. Great photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely photo. Your page is soft and pretty even if it is messy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous layout, beautiful colours.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails