Friday 15 August 2014

Inspiration Elevator - Beach Love




Our main purpose here at IE is to challenge ourselves, each other and YOU to take the creative process to the next level;  to inspire growth and change in our scrapbooking beyond the mundane.
You can see all of Inspiration Elevator's previous challenges at our blog and catch us on Facebook .
We are thrilled to welcome back as a guest designer with our team, the uber creative and wonderfully artsy Misty Russell!
This month's challenge is issued by the amazing Jayne Morgan. Jayne mixes classic styling with fun and funky embellishments and artistic mixed media touches. Here is her challenge for us, in her own words:
Time(d) to Change
It's no secret amongst my crafty friends that my biggest hang up when scrapbooking is procrastination. Being a perfectionist can certainly benefit the end result, but quite often, we worry so much about the outcome that we forget to enjoy the process! On a couple of occasions when I've had to complete a tight deadline for DT calls or assignments, I've been forced to throw caution aside and complete a page within an hour. This for me in itself is a miracle, but the most surprising part was that I not only thoroughly enjoyed the carefree process, but the end results have been some of my most favourite pages. Here's lies the inspiration for this months challenge - I'd like you to gather your photo's, papers and a collection of supplies you think you may need, hibernate to your creative space and take 30 minutes to create whatever you like.........not a minute more! Contrary to what you may think, the pressure is off here. Chances are the final result will not be your best ever project as the time constraint is a little extreme (!), but it's a well known saying that creativity flourishes when we are willing to take risks! Enjoy the process.

So here is what I came up with.....



I got my papers together and the photos so I had a rough idea about the LO and that I had had a look at the paper combination (though I had hauled out lots more than this).  I started with the white gesso and then soon realised that I needed to get my papers on the page to look at where I wanted them, so then had to dry my gesso!  The base paper is by Websters and from Our Travels. This was actually quicker than I thought - though it was still a little damp - I then just layered - I started with a Kaisercraft card (they are beautiful) and then behind that I slotted some Websters Sweet Routine vellum - with gold polka dots, then over the tops some off cuts of a yellow chevon paper - again Websters I think Party Time and then the green polka dot from Sweet Routine.  Over the top of his I added some musli, and then also slotted in some little Kaisercraft ruler stickers too.  I then layered up some embellishments at the corner of the photo - I had to choose quickly - and added some flicks of cosmic shimmer mist, and some pearls and one of the lovely Prima bark stars (I think I went for some of my favourite things as there was so little time!) - then the title is a mix of Glitz (another go to favourite - I need another sheet of this alpha) and American Crafts thickers, and added the journalling underneath.  I was just under 30mins - I didn't think I'd do it, but it was great fun!





Here's a complete list of this month's participating designers!  We encourage you to check out each designer's creation this month, then come on back and give the challenge a try yourself!
Meantime, if you've wanted to participate as a guest designer with Inspiration Elevator, just contact team lead, Ann at ann jobes at bell dot net
Now it's your turn to get creating in 1/2 hour , and share your blog link at the IE blog. We would love to see what you were inspired to make!

8 comments:

  1. Love it Katherine! The distressed papers and cheesecloth - perfect for a beach weathered theme....gorgeous page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gesso, mist, blings, it all looks fantastic!! WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your little wooden star and the gesso! Stunning and under the 30 mark too! Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhh sooo beachy I love it!!!! great layers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate to the deadline equals throwing it together equals lovely layout and yours is proof of that too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! Makes me wish I could go to the beach. I love the way the corrugated board and bark star brought the nature feel of the picture onto the page as well...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, yhis is gorgeous!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all your layers and Gesso. Gorgeous page!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails