Wednesday 2 December 2015

Baker Ross and Trees for Christmas


Baker Ross sent me some of their polysterene cones and with it being Christmas soon they just had to be made into trees.  I've tried a few different ideas - for the first I die cut lots of leaves from old book paper (I used the oak leaf from the Tim Holtz tattered leaves set).  I pinned them on in layers, then I added a sequin wrap and some pearls (again from Baker Ross).  The final step was a star for the top.


I was also sent some deco patch papers, so I decided to have a go at covering my tree, I then white washed it with some gesso and wound florist wire around the tree and made a little start with it at the top.  To add a bit of glitter I use some gems as baubles too.


For the final tree I used strips of paper and folded and pinned them in layers to then tree, adding another star on the top too.


Here are my trees on my mantel piece, I'm thinking of making a couple more and using them as centre pieces on our Christmas table spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails