Saturday 4 May 2019

Vintage Traveller - Great Memories


Good morning everyone, there is so much inspiration buzzing around the internet today and I wanted to add a little bit more to it with a page that I created using Vintage Traveller from Simple Stories.  It's a beautiful collection with pastel blues and greens, maps, tickets, old posters....it's gorgeous.

We had a lovely family holiday to Italy - bit of a trip from Pisa over to Venice, there are lots of pages to come on this!  I decided to scrap one of my favourite photos of late which is me and my youngest on the water bus heading over to Venice, the colours and papers went perfectly.  

I started with my torn strips and layers around the photo, but in my kit I also had the sticker pack for this collection and there are a few sheets of rectangular  stickers, some with sayings, some images - they have the texture of some of the washi stickers that Simple Stories do. I often struggle with stickers like this, as they aren't messy so challenged myself to use them in a different way, as neat rectangles just wasn't working for me!  I decided to tear and layer them -  it was great fun to do and I was really pleased with the effect - adding a nice bit of texture without any paint!  The other way I added some texture was with some organza ribbon - it's been in my stash for ages and I added a pleated/stapled band being my photo - I'd seen this technique years ago and again it was using something that had been resting at the bottom of my ribbon box for sometime.  I started off by sticking it very lightly to the page with a tape runner - so the glue wouldn't show and then added staples so the pleats flattened.


I dug out some of my paper clips that co-ordinated - determined to use up some of the little bits in my stash that have been forgotten!  Did the traditional 3 cluster, so layered in a couple of stickers too.


Jill (from ATDML) sent me these fantastic travel thickers (Wander) by American Crafts - all black and white sentiments with a few photo frames and other little embellishments too.


I hope you have a fantastic National Scrapbooking Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails