Monday, 16 May 2011

Eight


This is my week 4 challenge for scrapfactor, and the challenge was creative journalling.  This LO is based on my DS and gave me the chance to write down a bit about his character...and behind the journalling are some journal sticks that have included some of his most memorable quotes and moments (I still need to add one from a 1st Holy Communion we went to yesturday - a little bell rings several times during communion, and my kids both kept asking me why and as it was sooo quite I said I would tell them after...he turns to me and says 'does it mean that its nearly lunchtime?' -made me smile).  For this LO I used some memory stor paper (costco kit) for the backing and spritzed it with firebrick distress ink and perfect pearls.  I made the stamped edge piece out of some K and Co paper, and added the red cosmo circket paper behind the photo - have ruffled and stitched it.  To the side of the photo is a sassafrass paper border from indie girl, and there is a doily lace punched border along the bottom from crate papers restoration line.  For the journalling I inked the edges of the paper, and then printed out several words in a type font off the computer and then stuck and stitched them on.  I sewed a swirl in red embroidery thread - it is based on a prima flourish, and then I added some swirl paper roses (courtesy of Pam Thorburns tutorial) and added a pearl in the middle and a few leaves.  I also cut out a few small circles (sizzix die) and stitched them in the corner....so here are the close ups.





I mentionned the UTEE cabachon style roses last week...and I was asked where I was going to use them....which prompted me to use them on this LO - it is my week 5 scrapfactor LO, and the challenge was to focus on just one photo.  I made a few more roses for it too - please pop over and have a look and see all the lovely creations in the gallery.


Last but by no means least I had some more lovely news on Friday that I was the winner in Handmade Hannahs giveaway, so I have been spending on the lovely goodies in her shop - THANK YOU.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails