Monday 25 June 2012

The Egg Hunt


Here is the page that I created for the A Trip Down Memory Lane Cyber crop this weekend.  You can download the instructions for this class here.  There are loads of other classes too all listed on the blog from mini albums to pages and lots of challenges too, it's not too late to take part at all and you can pick up the classes whenever you want.

My page uses some of the lovely October Afternoon Farmhouse collection, I love the vintage feel of it and it went well with the photo as this was at a national trust property.  When we went their they were doing an egg hunt and you had to find all the rabbits and then you got a chocolate egg at the end.  Well us adults were gently strolling around the gardens (holding the kids up in their search) and I did try to catch some photos - but most of them look like this as once you've stopped briefly to find one rabbit you then have to run to the next - just makes me laugh it was a great day out and the kids loved it.

Back to the papers - there is lots of inking, a little cutting and stitching and crumpling involved - I had a go at the triangle trend that is going on at the moment too hence the triangles, and I still love some bunting so the doily bunting paper from OA was perfect for cutting.  Behind the photo is the pocket for my journal card which documents the story, and as always my pages just don't look right with out some drips of paint :)

I hope you enjoy the classes and just in case here is another link to them all (look at the list over on the side bar :))  There are also some challenges too which you can join in and post before the 1st July here




23 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout and design!
    I love the Farmhouse collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that is an awesome layout! love the OA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this page Katherine. Will try to squeeze it in tomorrow as I have the perfect photo. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is gorgeous page you have done love the layout xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the colours and those doilies are great where did you get them ? Is this by any chance Felbrigg Hall? I have never heard of the October Afternoon farmhouse papers they are super

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous layout, the papers certainly suited to the photo xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous layout and design, super paper pack to I'll have to get some of that! Really love how this page isn't too crowded yet not too empty, just the perfect amount.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, wow, I really love this! Just the perfect amount of crumple and age mixed with clean lines and beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your page! Gorgeous papers.. wasn't the cyber crop fun , I still want to do some more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrific layout and it sounds like it was a fun day out for everyone. The papers are fab and I do like your doily bunting. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very wow. I love these papers and you have really inspired me to get them all stuck on a layout together. Looks amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the "quilt look" with the triangles and stitching Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This page is just plain awesome! I LOOOVE how you layered banners, I'll have to try this out some time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the layout and the papers youv'e chosen, especially the doily bunting

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is fabulous!! I really love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful page I love all the elements. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a stunning page.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous Layout and those papers from October Afternoon are just beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous layout and a fab photo
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is beautiful - love the colour scheme you have used.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful as always hun, haven't caught up with the classes yet from the cybercrop!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great layout, love how you have used the paper, stitching etc

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails