Wednesday 13 June 2012

Treasure these moments



I created this page for my little feature on scrapbooking trends over at A trip Down Memory Lanes' blog, it also meant I had a bit of a play with my silhouette as the hexagon pattern came free with it.  I am still loving hexagons they've featured quite a lot on my pages, and there are still lots of things you could do with them to change it all around.  I had another go at welding some different fonts together to make the title (tho in retrospect making them a little thicker would have made it easier to detach them from the carrier sheet unbroken).  I used some gesso - I just like white on craft at the moment, and the arrow stamp is from american crafts chaps range, a bit of stitching and distressing around each of the papers and some splatters of ink too (the description makes it sound so quick to put together! it's quicker when you look back and don't have all the deciding time about where the paper looks best isn't it :))

The photo is my DS with his new cousin, who he still adores especially as he can make him smile now.  Don't laugh to much by one of members at staff at school who knows my kids and my nephew well, asked my youngest about his new cousin and what he was like....and the comment was 'well he sleeps a lot' and that was about it - needless to say he kept waking up his parents in the night so he doesn't sleep that much!

If you want to have a look at my post over at ATDML then here is the link

I've got lots of cards for birthdays and Fathers Day to be making so I should be back with some cards later on in the week, still catching up on everything and visiting everyones blogs after a very windy holiday last week, which you will also see pictures of too when I have scrapped them.




7 comments:

  1. this is fantastic! I love the hexagons and the white paint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hexagons...am off to have a look for them on the Silhouette site!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous Katherine! I have just bought an eclips and am in luurrrve with the weld and the possibilities are endless as they say! Great great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely page Katherine and I am totally with you when it comes to shuffling paper about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the hexagons are fantastic.....looks great with the cute photo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kat that's lovely, I too have got a mini addiction to Hexagons, loving how you used them on this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the hexagon grid you cut with the silhouette, I couldn't be without my machine now!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails