Monday, 18 June 2012

Giggle


This is my page for the challenge over on the studio blog to use negatives.  For the negative part I die cut some butterflies out of a tag, the rest of the inspiration was because we have some of the JBS team joining us so I dug out some of my JBS goodies to play with and make a vintage feel page.

I started with the photo of my Mum, it was from a lithograph. I scanned it in, did some editing and it came out really well, I was surprised how good the quality was.  The page started with some scrapes of white gesso and then yellow bubble print, the red bits are from some embossing powder that I sprinkled across it too.  I layered up glassine envelopes, papers and a doily, added lots of stitching and inked and distressed it all.   On the butterfly tag I had another go at free stitching with the foot of the machine off to make the swirls, I am still perfecting it but it is great fun.  I added a maya road kraft doily and some JBS milk top buttons with a Tim Holtz ticket, the alphabet is paper mania....and I stitched it across the photo (I did take sometime considering whether it would be ok to stitch across the edge of a photo, but I really liked it and it was only a copy).

So if you would like to join in with us and be in with a chance for some money to spend at Jenni Bowlin then here is the link









LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails