Friday 14 December 2012

Monster Hug


A few weeks ago I had a look a misting over on the A Trip Down Memory Lane blog...and for it I had a go at some serious misting (inspired by Anna Dabrowska - Finnbair).  The reason I went for the heavy mist look was because the background I had created for my page didn't look right, so to cover it up I did lots of misting.  I started by misting each item separately but I do wonder whether you could be slightly more economical with the mist if you do whole layers of the page in one go.

So the background started with Aqua Lagoon, Purple Violet and Peacock Green Cosmic Shimmer mist and then a little Chalk White tattered angels over the top.  I then masked and splattered some watered down white gesso down the centre of the page, and once that was dry added some lines of zig zag stitch and left all the threads hanging.  I misted and crumpled tissue paper and book paper behind the main photo area and used some of Graphic 45s Nutcracker Suite purple paper as my only piece of patterned paper. I misted Tando Chipboard cogs and arrows, and some fabric buttons I inherited from my Grandma, which really sparkle with the mica in the mists, and then added some old metal embellishments which came from curtains!  The title is a mix of American Thickers and Authentique mini letters.  It was a really fun and messy page to make, so if you ever go wrong with a background have a try.

The photos are from Disney and not the best in the world but I love Monsters Inc and the excuse to use purple on a page so the colours worked really well!

Here's a link to the post if you want to check it out.  Also a quick apology as I haven't posted so much lately or got around all the blogs I would like to with all the Christmas rush....but I will :).






12 comments:

  1. Don't worry about getting round...you have kids at home...Christmas is a time for your family.
    Lovely layout...i hav a few mists and have never cracked them open!
    Oh well, something new to try in 2013!

    Love the way you resued your. The buttons sure seem to shimmer with that mica powder in the spray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best Disney page I've ever seen. Bookmarking this for my time to do Disney!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my that paper is just perfect for sully!!! great job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I do love a good misting! and I also love Finnabair! This is a gorgeous blue shade and works so well with the monster!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is fabulous!!! I LOVE it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing look doing this~I'll check out that link!! Merry Christmas~enjoy your family and thanks for stopping by!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We absolutely love this, just our thing. I think we have some of those mists too so watch out for a. Page inspired by your fabulous creation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love the blue shades you have used in this layout Sutty - this is sooo eyecatching and look at all those gorgeous elements too! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Inky, messy to do I'm sure, and great :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun layout.
    Your misting looks perfect for this layout.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails