Tuesday 26 March 2013

Tando Wall Hanging


Morning all I am up on the Tando blog with my wall hanging today.  The challenge was to use a chippie that was designed for a different purpose, so this one was designed to be used as a bowl or a frame, but I separated the sections out and used some of the larger ones to make this wall hanging as a gift for my mother-in-law.

I started by covering the hearts in white gesso and then once that was dry some crackle paint, and then once that was dry I inked it with tea dye distress ink to bring out the crackles.  I used Basic Greys Shine On collection, and started by backing my hearts with the papers, I then added the photos and made paper chevrons, to point to the photo in each frame, then washi tape, stickers and embellishments as well as lots of sequins!  I also used some Tando chipboard bunting, I inked in rainbow colours through the harlequin mask and then chopped it in half to use on the bottom and top heart.  The last step was to added a few gesso smears to my paper.

Talking about rainbows I'm having a double post today as they are up on Trends on Tuesday over at Made by A Trip Down Memory Lane - here is the link for that.


5 comments:

  1. how lovely is your hanging - hope it gets pride of place x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat this is beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to create a wall-hanging with the hearts! The project looks so pretty and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can make it with my sister, because i like it. My mom will be thrilled..

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails