Sunday 7 April 2013

Birthday Girl


I know I have been missing in action - we have had a busy Easter holiday so far celebrating my brother in laws wedding, and then planning for the ATDML retreat this weekend with my Mum...so by now I will have taught my classes and have lots of scrappy creations to show you!

However, back to the subject of the post there is a new colour challenge up over at the Studio blog and it is all about macaroons....well the photo is but the colours are green, a pinky red and yellow.....so I went for the easy option and a girl photo from my birthday!  I started off with the inky background - spraying my page with water and then a yellow cosmic shimmer mist and red candy apple tattered angels mist.  Once I had dried it I then started layering up doilies, lost of scraps of paper some from Amy Tangerines new Yes Please line, and then some older crate paper and a Dear Lizzy jar.  I like the colour challenges as it makes you go through you stash with a focus and dig out things that you might not have chosen had i t not been in a particular colour - so some maya road ribbon I had forgotten I had, and then a mix of pearls and gems.  The butterflies are all from a Tando grab bag - they are gorgeous.  I covered them in gesso and then micro beads and more gesso and some ink.  The title is a mix of Thickers and still using those Simple Stories snap alphabets!

I hope you are having a lovely weekend - here is a link to the studio to check out lots more inspiration.



8 comments:

  1. Love what you did with the paint ♥ great effect and lovely page ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. there are lots of gorgeous elements on your page. The vibrant mists look great x Hope you had a lovely birthday x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the yellow its so sunny and fresh a promise of spring....... What's has happened to Spring eh! Anyway love the layout but then yours are always fab I like the little flowers at base of piccy are they dusty attic. Anyway see ya Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's fantastic Kat, lovely colours as always, hope the retreat was good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, I might need to lift this.one.

    My friend Heather was at the retreat and took your class, cant wait to seebher.layout
    Suzy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty, I like the tucked in doily and jar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous - I love the splashes of bright colour in the background xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely bright layout, really like the watery effect of the inks.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails