Wednesday, 10 April 2013

Love those Blue Eyes


Another one of my recent My Minds Eye paper inspired pages!  I love all the blues in their collection and it pulls out the colour of my sons eyes in the photos...so here it is documented in a page.

I had a go at a few techniques on this page, the first one that you might be just able to see is some printing with plastic - I used it on my valentines card - putting some inks on a plastic envelope - the sort that stamps and Tando chipboard packs come in.  Then you screw it up and print with it so that is the softer splodgey prints behnd the photos.  I then crumpled up a layer of vellum, added some hessian and started with layers of papers in blues and whites.  I cut out my own hearts and folded them in half and stitched them down the middle at the edge of the photo.  The chipboard is Dusty Attic and I painted it roughly in gesso with some thicker areas and then heated it, so it all bubbled up, to bring out the bubbles some more I inked it with a grey ink pad, then added a MME sticker.  I added strips of the blue papers at the top and bottom of the page, left all my stitched ends hanging and then use a mix of Simple Stories mini type and some MME lush velour chipboard too.

I have a whole host of photos to show you from the A Trip Down Memory Lane retreat last weekend, so when I get a chance I will load them all up - there were loads of fantastic classes and make and takes as well as great company (it is so nice to meet people from ukscrappers and blogger in real life :)) and beautiful surroundings...only sore bit was that I did manage to loose my voice along the way too....but it is back now!








LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails