Tuesday 23 April 2013

Boys and Sticks


It's time for another challenge over at the Studio, and this one is masks....I started with some white card, and then some Tim Holtz clocks and cogs, and the pocket watch in the top right hand corner is by prima.  I used some glimmer mist in browns (walnut) and blues (patina) left it to dry and then added another layer but of texture paint this time and my prima brick wall mask.  At this stage I hadn't decided on the photos or the papers - I just new it was going to be a boyish page...so I had a dig around, and found this picture from our Easter holidays of the kids playing pooh-bear sticks...any bridge in a wood has to have this game played!

The papers are a mixture of Fancy Pants In Love collection and Studio Calico Hey Day - I tore strips for behind the photo, and added a glassine envelope to act as my journalling pocket.   I made a pleated paper ribbon and stappled string over the top for down the edge of the photo and then tucked in some stickers by Crate Paper and chipboard.  So lots of layering

A few links for you - here is the link for the Studio Challenge so you can see lots more inspiration and join us.....and also I am up with a tag post on the Tando blog so here is a link for that as well.





12 comments:

  1. Love this page. We must have had the same vibe recently as I have just used string/cord on my scrap book page with staples ha ha.
    Did you get the bloglovin thing to work by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i love the soft muted colors on this- awesome work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome layering here! Turned out great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous colors, and I love the page design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the soft colors very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the texture paint and the brick wall - it looks amazing. Such an interesting page with lots of nice details.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Kat I've not used that mask in ages, might have to drag mine out this weekend if I get chance, the page is utterly gorgeous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, love the subtle colours, beautiful layout.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great page and I really like the textured brick effect and also the misting

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful background ♥ lovely page

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails