Monday 15 April 2013

Orlando


I made this page for the town and country theme over on the Tando blog last week.  I love their little grab bags of houses, and this is my first play with them....it was also a great excuse to actually scrap the photo of one of our holiday villas from last year and all of us stood outside (classic camera timer shot with the camera balanced on the car!)

I used some of the newAmy Tangerine Yes Please (from ATDML) papers which are beautiful, and one has houses printed all over it - so I cut a few out.  The paper inspired me to decorate the Tando chippies too, as it is covered in drips of watercolour paint, so I coated my houses and fence in white gesso, let it dry and then mixed some watercolour paint in similar colours and dripped it over my houses (I did do a bit of drying between using the different colours of paint so the drips didn't get too muddy in colour).  

The other bit of Amy Tangerine inspiration is the sewing - I've seen all her beautiful sewing kits, and decided to have a go at my own city scape so that I could include the disney castle (that is what it is meant to be on the right hand side of the page).  I used an A4 piece of paper and drew some houses and tower blocks for one side of the photo, and printed out a shot of the castle from the internet for the other side, taped it with washi onto my cardstock and then used a needle to make holes all around the outline, then stitched them.  I added all my journalling in a glassine envelope behind the photo, and used some Studio Calico stickers and wood veneer.

Also if you are at all short of inspiration then check out the UKScrappers blog hop ....I have done the 1st part and it is packed with beautiful ideas and step by steps....well worth a look :)




15 comments:

  1. The little cut out houses give it a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stuff! Fab stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, I LOVE the way you used those little houses! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, this looks fantastic! I love the disney stitched castle (I could totally tell that's what it was!). x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable! I love the way you used the little houses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so fun. I love the stitching and the little houses. Really depicts the fun of Orlando!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great layout.
    I love all the house embellishments

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the stitching and painting on this

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous page, love the little houses.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! Fantastic stitching xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm addicted to the Amy Tangerine papers lol. This is really fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this. Those little houses are beyond cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this, the little houses are beyond cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Kat I adore the stitching on this - so clever!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails