Thursday 26 September 2013

In the Woods


This is one of the pages that I made with the August kit sent to me by Mel and Jill at ATDML - it was full of Prima papers from the Devine and Engraver collections.

I started this page with some scrapes of Gesso behind where the photo went (I used a palette knife), I then layered up a doily and several of the Prima papers - distressing, stitching and inking them.  I added a glassine envelope and K and Co tag for the journalling behind the photo.  I then wrapped my layers in three strands of green twine, tying them behind one of the Prima wooden buttons.  I added some flowers in the corner, using brads and one of my own clay (fimo) flowers- I bought some silicone moulds and you just push the clay in, then carefully ease it out and bake it in the oven until it is hard.  The hardest bit of making the flowers is getting a nice edge to them and trying to remove any excess bits of clay, so once I had taken the flower out of the mould I carefully went around with a craft knife removing any extra bits.  I also added into the flowers some hat pins and a spray of crystals that came from a Christmas cracker!  The bird is one of the prima canvas resist shapes, I inked it in brown and blue distress inks and it brings out the white pattern on them.  Final steps were the title which is from a Carta Bella sheet and a few drips of blue patina glimmer mist.

The papers are very gentle in colours so I went with a very natural gentle shot of my eldest out on a walk in the woods.  The journalling is about the walk, but also what he us up to now - as a little record.

I am also up on the Tando blog today with a battery operated tea light (see how many times I say battery operated to stress the no flames near paper thing).  Here is the link.



10 comments:

  1. Your clay flower looks great ! I can't wait to try making thoses...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely page, your cluster of flowers is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Great flower element too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really lovely. Your cabochon turned out perfectly. I may have to break out my Fimo and give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how the little canvas bird turned out once you inked it up. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank goodness someone using a doillie on their layout, I've got some just can't fathom out how to incorporate them! Hope you are OK!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful page - I love the embellishments.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pages always blow me away, and this one is the same, but what I really take from this page is the fabulous photo. You've truly done it a great justice. Fabulous

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails