Monday 2 September 2013

Beach Love


I was up on the Tando blog on Saturday and the theme for the week is buttons.  I layer some Tando chippie buttons on some of their stars, and I got to have a play with some gelatos with them too.  I started the page just playing with the gelatos, and went with a circle, making some rough strokes with the gelatos and then smudging it in a bit with a water brush.  I then dug through my little pack of tools and there is a foam circle on the end of pen that you can print with, so I mixed my gelatos with a little water on my craft mat and had a go at some printing too.  I love the easy way that the gelatos add colour to chipboard and that you can mix the colours and add a really nice layer, so on the heart button below I added some silver in the red, the final touch was some rock candy on top.  

I used October Afternoons Farmhouse, an old but favourite collection, and I die cut loads of letters using the large memory box Parker alphabet, I use blue papers for everything except the letters in beach.  I then used some yellow netting and gauze over the top, I added a little card from a crate paper ack and an OA sticker too as well as my chipboard buttons.  I outlined my title in whit gel pen and stamped the second word of the title over the top of my die cuts too.  There is a glassine envelope and tag with all the details behind the photo.

This is a shot from our recent holiday to France and all the kids on the beach hunting through the rock pools.  They found shrimps and hermit crabs, and one of the adults found some large sea slugs too!




4 comments:

  1. You are incredibly talented, honestly I adore your layouts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely soft colours. Perfect for a beach theme. I'd not heard of gelatos before. I wondered how you'd be using ice cream on an LO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful LO - I always love the little details you manage to add to your pages.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layouts, I love those colours.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails