Thursday 29 August 2013

Birthday Card with Tando


This months challenge over on the Tando blog is called 'Feel the Heat' so I had a play with a mask, some inks and Tando butterflies for it.

For my label mask I used the left over part of a die cut tag that I taped onto my card.  I then used my distress inks, starting with the lightest colour first and at the bottom moving to the red at the top, using a make-up sponge to add the colour.  I then used a gel pen to outline the shape - I traced around the mask a couple of times, moving it slightly to get the shadowy effect.  I then used a couple of butterflies and inked them black and stamped Happy Birthday at the bottom.  A really quick and easy card to make but I love the silhouette effect that it gives.

To join in the challenge and for more inspiration check out the blog here.

6 comments:

  1. You say quick and easy, but it's stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can certainly feel the heat with those fabulous colours - super card.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous shades of yellow and summery colours, this C&S card is just wonderful Katherine ! I wanted to tell it you... ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I like the idea of inking through the die-cut label space :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It certainly is stunning - great use of colour xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails