Monday 26 August 2013

Gone Fishing


Morning everyone here is another page using the lovely Mammarazzi 2 collection from BoBunny that I got in my ATDML box, I love the colours and designs.  I started with a bit of stencilling and some gesso on my main patterned sheet, and then layered up lots of different papers behind my photos..the cameras on some of the sheets are just asking to be fussy cut so I used one as an embellishment at the corner of my photo and then layered up a wood veneer and some sequins and stickers.  I also dug out some eyelets and had a go at lacing my paper - I tore it, and crumpled it into a V, then added the eyelets and thread, and backed the gap with an off cut. I made my own bunting and stitched it altogether (letting the machine run a couple of stitches in between each flag), I also made some fish to hang from it too, then a few wood veneer chevrons to highlight the main point in the photo.  I stamped and spritzed the edge of my brown backing paper to make it look a little more fishing net like too.

These are from one of our half term trips to a  fishing lake, it is the first time my kids have had a go, mainly as neither me or my husband know anything about fishing, but one of our friends does...they loved it!





9 comments:

  1. Super LO Katherine - those BoBunny papers are great. Adding fish to the bunting was a perfect finishing touch.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the page - especially the bunting is fab I think! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love those papers, Kat, and the page you have made with them. :)
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh I love this page - my dad has taken the boys all fishing during the holidays so i have loads of photos like yours to scrap x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous fishing page and I too love the bunting with the fish....very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great LO! I love the subtle distressing and the lacing and sewn detail add so much interest, brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally awesome! Love the banner with the fish - sooo cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, love that fishy banner.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. FABULOUS Design! LOVING that banner!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails