Sunday 18 August 2013

On a Walk?


Hello everyone, we are back and I've nearly washed everything!! (it was a huge mountain as we were camping so not only clothes but then we wash and sort all the stuff before we pack it away).  I was hoping to post a little more often whilst we were away but I only managed the first week of posts and the wifi at our site was not co-operating with me...I think it was struggling as so many of us have wifi devices now and it is just too much traffic for  a little router.  Where did we go? France with a load of friends and the weather was beautiful, there will be several body boarding and marshmallow eating pages coming up.  However back to this page which is from another camping trip to Suffolk, and this was us on a caching walk (geo-caching)...however when I looked back on the photos I noticed that my boys skipped a bit of the walking and seemed to prefer a carry!!!!

I made the page for the Studio Challenge blog whose challenge is to use glitter, which immediately made me think of some of the gold glittered Crate Paper DIY shop ephemera and the large peony type flower.  I also made my own stitched vellum pocket with a mix of gold sequins (from the poundshop) and dug out my glittered thickers for the title which was great as I haven't used them in ages.  The rest of the papers are from DIY shop, and I nearly forgot the chipboard banner is threaded with gold sparkly thread too, and some golden shimmer mist drips.  I stitched and distressed all the layers and added in a doily and some lace too.

If you would like to join in the challenge and see all the other beautiful pages from the DT then here is the link.

I hope you are all enjoying the holidays and I will be back with loads of the posts that I never managed to post :D



8 comments:

  1. What a lovely page. I particularly like the way your boys interpret 'walk', might have to try that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fab page! I am pinning this one. :o)
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super LO - I would never have thought of using glittery bits on a page like this but it so works - fabulous.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katherine, Do you say you were in France ???... Where have you camped exactly, I'm curious to know ! :))
    Your layout is really beautiful, I love the colours and the distressed papers you used, they go perfectly with the photos of your kids. Nice banners too ! Hope you have had great holidays and sunny weather in France ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a super time x great page x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails