Friday 20 September 2013

Little Moments


I created this page a little while ago using the etcetera collection from BoBunny - even though it is an older line I love the papers and vintage feel to it - I used it for an article on ATDML blog looking at stamping on pages (here is the link) and I also did a post looking a using some gold (here).

I started the page with some drips of Blue Patina glimmer mist - this paper really soaks it in, so it adds to the vintage look.  Then I started with my layers and roughly cut some hessian/burlap fraying the edges, then I used some of the journal cards (one of which was the inspiration for the title), lots of distressing and inking.  I also used some liquid pearls to add little pearl drops to the edges of some of the papers.  Once I had stuck the photo on top I went about making my own little kite, I cut out 2 kite shapes - cutting one into 4 and leaving the other whole, then mounted 2 of the triangles from the cut up shape onto the base kite using foam pads - I also doodled little triangles on it too.  I used wet glue and created a line to stick my pearl string too, tucking the end under the photo, I then made some bunting with stamped words for the kite too.  

This is my youngest earlier on in the year flying a friends kite on a beach....yes we do this a lot!




9 comments:

  1. That's gorgeous Katherine. I love the little kite, it gives the layout so much movement and the colour scheme is perfect. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout, love all of the textures you incorporated into it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great vintage looking page. Would never know that photo was a present day photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This LO is just fabulous - I love the way you have used the burlap as part of the layering.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So clever.. love the use of burlap.. it never seems to be this effective when I try these techniques but you've nailed this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow wow wow! I'm not surprised this is s favourite of yours.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful, Katherine - I love the burlap and soft neutral shades with those fabulous hits of teal, as well as the kite, the splotches, the ephemera - one of my favourites of yours!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the burlap and the kite, gorgeous layout :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to see your scrapping process, you just blow me away with your layouts .... Please do a YouTube video of you scrapping

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails