Friday, 8 November 2013

Frosty Festivities - Let it Snow



Hello and welcome from Jills blog and if you haven't come from there then check out the Frosty Festivities blog hop hosted by Jennifer Grace (which is where you start and finish).  If you comment on all the blogs in the hop then you are in with a chance of winning some gorgeous December Documented by Simple Stories and Elles' Studio Noel goodies - you need to have completed the hop by November 11th to enter.  Along with all of that there is loads of wintery inspiration on the hop and all weekend over at Jennifers blog with lots more giveaways.

For the hop I created this page using the Santa's List paper collection from Teresa Collins.  I distressed, inked and layered up my papers, adding some gauze and lace to the layers.  I also used some Tando chipboard snowflakes which I covered in white gesso and then added some glitter glue too, the shape went perfectly with the snowflakes on the papers. 




Then I made a non-traditional card.


I was inspired by Georgia Healds card (and video - check it out here)…and decided to do a Christmas version.  Using more Teresa Collins papers, American Crafts and Kaisercraft stamps, glimmer mist and cosmic shimmer, string, a Tando chipboard house covered in papers and glitter and then a few sequins!

It started with a wash of gesso over some card, then a few strips of paper and more gesso over the top but this time with a palette knife. Then some spritzing with red cosmic shimmer, and some brown tattered angles mists, followed by random stamping - not reining every time so that the image wasn't perfect.  I was drying the layers with my heat gun in-between.  Next I layered up some string and stapled it into a circle, then covered my chipboard house with some strips of paper and doodled the windows on it.  I then added glitter and sequins.  It was great fun to make.



For lots more inspiration please hop onto Lisa Jane


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails