Monday, 4 November 2013

Mixed Media Tags


Morning, I am up today on the Tando blog with my mixed media tag.  The inspiration was this lovely video here by Georgia Heald (it is a bit stripy but still a great video).  I also had a go at a card along a similar theme which I'll show you later on in the week.  I think just watching someone else on the layering of masks, paints and inks gives you the confidence to have ago and experiment yourself and it's lots of fun!

I started off the tag with some gesso, then layered up some strips of papers - these are some of Teresa Collins Memorabilia and Family Stories, then more paint, then some ink cripples using cosmic shimmer and a general misting of walnut gold glimmer mist.  Next the stamps - my Glitz roller stamp chevron and some of the stamps (including the words) from Teresa Collins Vintage Findings range (beautiful stamp set).  I then rolled some gauze in tea dye and stapled this on the bottom, made a hoop out of black and white thread and moved onto the Tando chipboard flowers.  I wanted these to be quite bright to match the papers, so I applied a layer of gesso, then once that was dry used pro markers to colour them in.  I then used some more white gesso on my fingers and smudged that on too…they still looked a little bright so I spritzed them with some walnut gold cosmic shimmer mist.  I used the same technique with the butterfly and then added a little bit of glitter.

It was really fun




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails