Saturday 19 August 2017

Ocean with BoBunny


So you know how you get these little boxes with wood veneer embellishments in - I decided to paint one and make it into a little ocean frame.  I used BoBunny's Down by the Sea papers for this, and started off coating my shadow box in white gesso, then some crackle medium and after that some Pentart blue acrylic - which I also mixed with white gesso to get the different shades.  I added lots of 3D stones in the base of my frame to make the rocky bottom of the sea and covered some gauze in blue paint to make a fishermans net.  I added a few die cuts, and then stuck all my bits on.  For the finishing touches I added pearls to the nets and then some of the silver confetti paste - which is the little sparkly hexagons.


I also used some gold metallic glamour paint (loving this product) to add a bit of sparkle.


Here you can see my net - the paint made the gauze more stiff so it holds it's shape really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails