Thursday 9 April 2020

The Duomo with a bit of mixed media



Carrying on with my Italian adventure we also popped in on Florence, actually we went across from Pisa to Florence and then via the Ferrari factory (yep special request!) to Venice.  The Duomo is just an amazing piece of artwork inside and outside and going up to the top was amazing - lots of little passage ways and breath taking art work - how did they do it!  Having queued and waited our turn, Mum stayed with her feet firmly on the ground and she is just in the V of sunlight on the last picture, taking a picture of us at the top.

This is more of the Storyline papers from Heidi Swapp and the top part of the page was my favourite paper...so I save some and tore it in half adding a lace border.  I then decided to dig my watercolours out, to keep the lines roughly in the correct place I painted a strip of water before I added the paint so the paint would only run in the wet bits, then I added the paint and tried my best to match the colours and let it drip down the page.  I used lots of the little tags and carried on with my hessian and thread theme from my other pages - I really like how the cream lace works with the colours in this collection.  The final addition was the title which I like little light box letters so I hung them from the top, just gluing them at the top incase the glue showed through (even though it was clear).  I really like the acetate so it didn't cover up much of my paint effect!

The weekend after next ATDML are having a mini April virtual crop, there are lots of classes which you don't need kits for - you can put together your own items and tonnes of challenges, so do check out their blog.  www.createdbyatdml.blogspot.co.uk and also the Facebook group ATDML #Create.

Hoping you are having lots of fun crafting and keeping well xx





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails