Monday 12 September 2011

Charm Boy

This is another LO from my scraprat kit, and a shot of my DS on holiday.  He is a very charming boy, he met some girls in the jacuzzi....I was assuming they were 7/8 but when I met them they 14/15 and he hung out with them at the pool and the evening movie - made me smile!  I got my mists out for this LO, and started by using my circle mask on the white cardstock and the green mist.  I also misted some of the large scalloped pink paislee ribbon with a mask over the top in blue, and then added some lines of zig zag stitching.  I used a large rectangle of the green victoria gardens paper as it matched the green in my photo, and some of the vintage atlas - I inked and distressed the edges, and added a little more stitching.  I made some bunting out of the manuscript paper and added the first part of my title to this.  For the mistable chipboard letters I just rubbed over broken china distress ink.  I made the flowers (this is probably tutorial worthy - I do have a little list of things I should show you :)) by cutting out circles and then 6 petal flower shapes and inking and curling them up, then made the leaves out of some spritzed paper and an embossing tool to get the veins.  Here are some more shots.





19 comments:

  1. Ooh, great job with the misting! All the separate elements work so well together too - great LO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the misting! Fabulous layout! The colors are masculine, but very nice at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love the misting with that overlay - it's such a cool design. Love all the stitching and other details - not to mention the fab photo. He's going to be a heart breaker one day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Then entire layout is in incredible! I clan wait to try the technique with the circle masks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inspired layout. Love the misting and your photo of your son really shows off how handsome he is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This layout is gorgeous... I love all the misting, sewing and layering... Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great story! I really like the details in this layout. The colors, layering, and misting a so pretty, but the flowers are AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Layout and photo!LOVE that flower and FAB misting :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous LO and I just love those roses.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Love the misting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colors. Great page.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww...your son has such a cute face Kat. The layout is lush and I am loving lime at the mo, so love the masked and misted area. TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! Love the banner, masking & misting, roses, ... but most of all... gotta love that handsome lad!

    ReplyDelete
  14. please do a tutorial, those flowers are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Misting never seems to work for me, oh how I wish mine would turn out even half way as good as this

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this! I have really been enjoying your blog this morning. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails