Monday, 19 September 2011

Toastin


This is my first LO that I have done using the color room palette, here are the colors.


This LO is a shot of mine and my friends kids toasting marshmallows on the bbq whilst we were camping in France this year.  The papers I have used were from the quirky kit, and are sassafras sunshine broadcast and American Crafts peachy keen.  I ruffled and layered up and stitched my papers, I had a play with my new ek success punch to create the torn book page border, and inked and crumpled that too.  I cut out some swirls with a Tim Holtz die and then coated it in gesso and inked over in distress inks.  The flowers are made the same way as on my charm boy LO, and a tutorial will follow shortly.  I gathered some netting on a piece of double sided tape and placed it under my papers, and a piece of ribbon below that.  I added some chipboard clouds and swirls of bakers twine stuck down on glue.  I made a little butterfly embellishment using my Martha Stewart butterfly punch, and layering on a 1" punched circle, I then mounted this on white cardstock and cut around it with scallop edge scissors.  I then wrapped bakers twine around the circle and stuck the butterfly in the centre and a pear shaped pin behind.






LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails