Saturday, 17 September 2011

I did get in the sea


This is my proof that I do occasionally go in the sea....it has to be hot for me to get in the sea, and I love body boarding too.  I used the August quirky kit for this page, and had a play with my new gesso and a new spellbinders rose die too.  I started by using a prima mask with the gesso, I made me own piece of card and used it to scrape and paste the gesso on the mask, I then layered up my pieces of paper.  The papers are mostly sassafrass sunshine broadcast, American crafts peachy keen and the text is GCD studio soul food.  I also added in a section of doily, the ribbon came in the kit and I cut this in half and layered it up as it is really thick.  My new purchase was the spellbinders rose die and I had seen a tutorial over on such a pretty mess that I had to have a go at.  I made the flowers out of some of the American crafts paper and manuscript paper, and then added a twine swirl to it all and sponged on some bits of gesso.  Here are some close ups.




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails