Wednesday, 28 September 2011

Beach Games


I decided to have a go at the color room challenge again this week, here's the pallette.


 I'm still working my way through my summer photos - still got lots of beach shots to scrap.  This LO mostly consists of the remnants of my Handmade Hannah mini book kit - and grab boxes.  So the papers are MME Sunshine with a little Crate Paper portrait thrown in too.  I had seen a technique on Ingvlid Blome blog where she used a mask as a stencil and I assume painted in the middle - well that is what I did - I added a few bits of paper first and then I drew around and adjusted my prima corner mask in black gel pen, then I painted the middle with some glimmer mist. I used the remaining mist to splatter the page.  I re-layered all my paper that I didn't have to draw on and inked and ruffled the edges and stuck it down.  I ruffled my piece of burlap on a piece of double sided tape and then zig zag stitched it through my sewing machine, and added a few buttons and a pin.  I used my maya road doily to make another bakers twine wrapped embellishment and a few of the paper die cuts from the Crate Paper toy box range.  This is my first title that I cut on my silhouette - I am finding my way around the software and after a bit of playing I managed to cut it with a shadow piece of paper, as my papers didn't stand out as much as I wanted I doodled the word Beach on top and then painted it with a slightly watered down bit of glimmer mist, the rest of the title is authentique mini stickers.

So here are my kids playing on the beach - the faces of concentration - I personally always have a bit of a nightmare with beach bat and ball - the beach needs to be empty or else I can't play as otherwise I hit someone!!  Amazingly I don't think they did at all :)






LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails