Saturday 1 October 2011

Christmas Mini :)

I know - I'm sitting in my summer clothes typing this post on a very warm....summerish day and posting about a Christmas Mini. Hannah has put together a beautiful Christmas mini kit (there are only a couple left) over in her shop Handmade Hannah packed with MME papers and Crate Paper chipboard pieces and other goodies.  This is the first of my creations with it (I still have more than half the kit left).  I hadn't scrapped any pictures from last years Christmas (don't know why) so I cropped and printed them out in 3 by 2 and black and white.  The basis for this album is a card kit my MIL gave me - the card was square but I fancied making it in a circular shape, so same principle but different shape.  The basis of the album is to cut out 4 circles, then fold them into quarters, cut along one of the quarter lines into the centre, and then on the quarters on either side of that cut you need to fold them in half again (this helps the album fold up - you'll see in the photos).  Having done this to all 4 circles you are ready to go.


I cut the circles in the kraft paper - you can use a plate, a circle cutter, a compass...and I made all the folds but didn't stick it together 'til I had decorated the pages.  I then cut out 1/4 circles from the MME papers and stitched and ruffled the edges.  I put all my journalling on the bottom 1/4 circle (the one with the fold in the middle) and added photos and chipboard elements to the top 2 sides.  I added a little of my own bling to this section to make it look like a string of fairy lights.
 You have to stick together your 4 folded circles together once you've made them 3d (basically you overlap the 2 folded quarters and stick them together) so the gap inbetween them is perfect for some more journalling and one of the echo park journal cards you get.
 I added a line of stockings to this page, you can lift them out the way to get a better view of the pictures. I wanted my album to be decorative as well as containing all the memories.
 This one has some flag bunting and a chipboard frame and you can see the tag too.
 And finally a row of buttons, and a few glittered house embellishments
 The back I kept fairly straightforward after all the decoration inside - and when the album is open it doesn't get seen, so just the chipboard Merry Christmas.
I added some bakers twine to use as a tie to hold it all together or all open.  This could work as a special card, or Christmas decoration - I'm going to leave mine out as part of the decorations this year for family to take a look at.  Hopefully the thought of winter and Christmas has cooled you on this beautiful day :) and you can see Hannah's album here.

27 comments:

  1. Love it! So clever. The black and white photos look perfect against the bright colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Katherine! WOW so impressed and need to get this house cleaned and kids busy so I can get started on my kit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! This is unusual, but really fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. Not only is it adorable but it will be so cute sitting out during the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A brilliant little book Katherine, so clever and interesting :) Love the papers and all of the twine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like a Christmas pudding! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is super, super cute!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fab project. It's great that it all stands up in a 3d effect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous book! I really love the line of stockings :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! What an awesome mini this is! krafthead~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow fantastic I love all the details it is so pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun shaped mini album, reminds me of the children's books that used to open into rooms with moving flaps and surprises. A lovely keepsake :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful project! I love it!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh this is absoutly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. a very clever book, perfect papers and those banners are great xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this mini - so cute! Haven't done one in awhile...hmm, my next project?! LOL!! Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a fantastic book. I love all the bunting and stocking strung up between the pages.xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. How cute is that - I love the little banners spanning the pages - adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun mini you have made.
    Such detail. I am loving your strings and what you have added to them all :)
    1 yr behind on your photo's isn't bad. I won't even tell you how far behind I am :0

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hiya I have been Blog crossing & your projects caught my eye.
    I Was wondering if you would be interested in applying for our Crafty Blog DT...We do not sale anything, we just share crafty creations on our blog for inspiration to other crafters, You can post something you have made for previous blogs & we only ask you post a article twice a month (could be one creative(your work), one inspirational(ie another blog or other persons work)
    If you are interested please contact Debbie for more details ... rainbow_poppy@hotmail.com
    Our blog is http://itsacreativeworld.typepad.com/its_a_creative_world/
    thankyou either way xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow is all I can say, that is gorgeous, I've done one of these before and forgotten how much fun they can be! Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is awesome :) I've not had a go at this type of album yet but it looks fun and very creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's sooooo beautiful - love it x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fab mini album - thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. The colours and the stamp is beautifully created and it is simple but effective.
    I am really very glad after read here and I appreciate for the information that you presented here.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails