Saturday 15 October 2011

Laugh Often


This is still one of my favourite collections of echo park papers (For the Record) and I'm nearly through it all now too.  I'm still not absolutely sure about this page - don't know why but I LOVE the photo - it is a shot of my DS in the before mentioned canoe on our local lake, and I have no idea what he is giggling about but it is a real belly laugh and makes me smile everytime I look at it.  There are a few other papers in there, like the blue dot glitz paper, and the crate paper doily, and the ticket and pin which all came in my Handmade Hannah kits.  I made the fan flowers a while back, I like them as they feel quite masculine, and the swirl is from the for the record sticker sheet.  I had a go at some lacing and used some blue embroidery silk - I pre-punched the holes with a needle and then stitched all the lacing. I did have a go at some more spritzing which came out a bit too bright for me (well my intention) however I wasn't able to turn the page over this time!!! (:)) so just went with it.  The title I die cut on my robo - on the word laugh I added an American Crafts fake stitch edge to the letters too - the word often I had to very carefully remove from the sheet - couldn't work out any way to make the font thicker - but I am just learning.






17 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Great LO & what a lovely photo!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job - I'm in love with this line of paper too, for some reason. I still have quite a bit of it in my stash. Love the stitching and the fan flowers, but that photo is the star of the show. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the page, the colours and especially the stitching - beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this layout is absolutely perfect and the photo is great. I love the photos that catch a moment perfectly xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my favourite collection too! I think your misting is just right!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally amazing! The photo and the patterns / colors work together really well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your layout, the bright, fun, happy colours and that photo.....love it.
    I really love the candid shots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant photo!! love your layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love it, i've never seen your blog before, i'll be back definitely :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this page, it's so vibrant.
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. brilliant layout, love all the detail :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful LO I love the lacing. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  13. That photo ia almost too precious... it makes me smile just looking at it!
    I Love this layout... it's bright and fun, not girly... just childlike-feeling and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely layout Kat. The colours and design of the papers remind me somewhat of Disney. *Ü* TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great photo, you have really captured the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that collection too. You've matched up the colours with the photo so beautifully and the sewing is brilliant. Fabulous photo, something to treasure.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails