Wednesday 19 October 2011

Can You Stand Up?


This is my first page that I have made from the prompts Shimelle has been sending out - and is based on one of the sketches by Julie Kirk.  I used some of my August Quirky kit for this page, as the sassafras sunshine broadcast range seems to fit so nicely with those beachy photos.  The shots are from our holiday and of my DS and his friends trying to surf on body boards....and funnily enough it dosen't really work but it was quite funny watching them try and enjoying themselves.  I used some of my off cuts in all the layers of paper down the side - there is some October Afternoon - Fly a Kite as well as Sassafras indie girl and more sunshine strips.  I added some zig zag to some of the strips and ribbon and lace and buttons, I also fan folded some paper to add a little dimension.  The title is a mix of alphas, authentique, cosmo cricket and a kraft range (can't remember the brand).  The doily shape piece is from crate papers peppermint Christmas range, I wrapped it in string and stuck a prima pearl in the middle.  A little bit of bling, some stapled numbers and flicks of brown shimmer ink and this is what I came up with.  Amazingly I got this done in one night (doing other things to) - I think the prompts make me more focused and there are some great sketches to use too....so here is a way for you to use up some of those strips of paper sitting in pizza boxes.





13 comments:

  1. Wow!! Love everything about this, so much to look at, so much detail!! Look forward to seeing what else you make in class!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm so much lovely texture - great way to use up your scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful LO! So much detail to enjoy!

    BTW--I haven't forgotten your goodies. I've had the craziest time lately. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the beachy feel to this - sort of washed and clean... driftwood feel.
    So much to look at, and yet it's not overdone at all. Perfection in a 12x12 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sutty, this has to be my new favourite LO of yours, the mix of paper strips and textures is just perfect for the beachy feel, the subtle colours are great too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. those body boards keep them occupied for hours don't they! fantastic layout with a beachy feel and as alwasy there is so much to look at, all the small detail is just perfect...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that's so lovely, I love your paper + colour choices. I'm thrilled such a great page came - in a small way - from something I made too!

    Julie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your placement and the colours are perfect. Love all the little details too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice layout, and adorable photos :)
    I love the scallop with the string around it, so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that is a stunning layout-love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this LO!!! And I really like the 'jewels' on the rosette! What a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely layout, it's really beautiful.
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails