Friday 21 October 2011

How Wonderful

 Here is my page for the 3rd prompt in Shimelle's pretty paper  class and it was to use some concentration (well mine is a bit of a large concentration) and to take on a colour challenge - so this is for pallette 80 over at the colour room.  I have used a mix of papers to go with the colours and some off cuts in my stash - the main piece is DCWV luxury stack and is lovely and pearlescent..another paper I look at and love but am not sure how to use! I splattered some red and blue ink over it and then layered several bit of paper.  Amongst the paper there is K and Co - ancestry and jillibean chicken noodle soup, october afternoon fly a kite and WRMK (that is the title and the blue strip).  I inked all the pieces with my favourite tea dye distress ink and added some stitching.  The shots are old ones of my boys in the park, but I found them tucked in with some blue paper so obviously intended to scrap them with some blue.  I cut some bunting out of burlap and some orange paper, I added some die cut blue stars and buttons then cluster embellished some stars around the page.  I added twine and a crate paper portrait sticker, and here's my page - I'm loving the course and delving through my stash and off cuts.




19 comments:

  1. Oh Kat that's gorgeous, you're obviously enjoying the challenges that Shimelle is setting you. Hope you have a great weekend

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic page Kat, loving the burlap bunting and the stars bring it all together...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh! I love this, especially the burlap bits. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a tactile page. The burlap banner is so creative. I love how you have combined such diverse paper lines too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great page! I'm really starting to get jealous of people taking that class!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love stash offcuts and you make them look so classy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layout love the texture with the burlap:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome layout! the pictures are awesome!

    thanks for stopping by my blog today and taking the time to leave such a kind comment. i would be honored if you stopped by again or even signed up to follow and i would do the same! thanks
    mp

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this LO! Great details!!

    I really recommend you the EK Success Large Edger Punch, it's great!!! Plus, all the negative circles can be used elsewhere since they are not too small nor too big. :)

    My niece's sunglasses are nice indeed but I'm not sure they make the same for adult (ahah :P)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute page. I love your banners.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous page. I love the colours, the stars and the layered bunting.xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great layout love all the different papers!!
    Z
    http://www.scrappinwithZ.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous page - love the banner :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sutty,
    Fabulous Layout. Loving the banner and a great way to use leftover scraps.
    Ax

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! Lovely LO and fabulous pictures! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous! I love the photos. The banner underneath leads the eyes right there. Love that you cut the burlap to frame it. Very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful!! This is really really beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails