Wednesday 26 October 2011

A brother is a friend given by God


 This page has one of my favourite photos of the moment, my boys up a tree.  This page has a mix of lots of different bits of inspiration, I am doing Shimelles pretty paper class and there is a prompt on distressing and wrinkling your paper which is right up my street, so lots of ink (no paint, and some fabric as lots of the distressed samples on the prompt had fabric so there is some net on my page too).  The colours are from the colour pallette this week over at the colour room - I mainly used the green and blue and added hints of the other colours.  The other major bit of inspiration for this was from a class they were showing for free over at Miss Arts paper school and by Stacey Cohen - she created a shadow box frame for her page and then added ruffled paper on the inside, so here is my take.


The papers are Pixie Glen by prima, and I gutted the centre piece and then using my doily lace edge punch I punched several strips 12" long, inked the edges with tea dye and then folded them around the edge of the frame.  The papers behind the photo are a mix of the Pixie Glen, then some Glitz and a piece of map from a ScrapRat Kit.  I inked up some Prima canvas shapes with broken china and tea dye distress ink.  The tree is by Tando, and I covered it in ink and then embossing powder (silver and white) I then added some brown ink over the top which made it a similar colour to the tree the boys were in.  The title is a mix of cosmo cricket mini alphabet, the word friend is from K and Co and was Handmade Hannah's grab box.  A couple of prima stamps, and some netting and here are some more shots.




28 comments:

  1. gorgeous! the colour combo is great and i just love the mixture of distressed papers and frilled edges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page love the colour and the layout

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Page, love the different elements you have used xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome ~ so beautiful!!! love all the dimension!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful layout with a beautiful title and story. Don't you just love Shimelle?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty page even if it is a "boy" page :)
    And it is such a sweet photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous layout! Love the mix of fonts in the title.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had me at "lots of ink"!!! Love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous layout!! Love the title!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And people say you can't use ruffles on boy pages! What do they know?

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful page Sutty. Love all those details!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab layout, so many layers and details. Yes that's a lovely photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous LO! I love the colours...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely framed elements. Love that wood grain alpha - I saw it and thought of you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow this is spectacular .. what an amazing blog you have here ... I will be back for sure ... thanks so much for leaving me some blog love on IMAGINARIUM and hope you win some yummies .. good luck with the draw .. hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a gorgeous layout. I love the shadow box effect you have created it gives such great dimension - TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is absolutely beautiful, I love love it. I love the gutting and using the punch to fold a border especially. I used this technique once at a class but didn't like it so much then, but this is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I also have a technical question. I was impatient to click on the first photo to see it close up (I didn't wait to see you had posted them as well) and the pop-up had a slide show......I love this, could you tell me how, or direct me to a 'how to'. Many thanks. Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  19. I totally love this layout - and all your others! Just beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG! I *LoVE* what you did with the border punch! I've never considered that, what a great idea! And what a lovely layout!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous LO and that saying as title is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh,this is my new favourite sutty, the box frame affect is brilliant and all the layers are so pretty especially the faux brodraise anglaise (spelling???)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the colors, the product, all the layers, the photo. Everything is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Popped over from PPP...love all the elements you've used!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails