Friday 28 October 2011

Surf Play and news


Another one of my pages based upon the prompts from the Pretty Paper Party over at Shimelle's - the prompt was Kraft + 1 - so mine is kraft and yellow....and looking at  it now it looks quite honeycomb like!!  So a mix of papers here - some Cosmo Cricket Social Club, Jillibean Soup, Echo Park and October Afternoon (the hexagons were inspired by the Cosmo Cricket website - and funnily enough kind of fit with Shimelle's prompt today).  The hexagons are 2.5" and I made a little template (not perfect and cut them out, then sanded them with my pedicure tool :)  I stitched around them and added some extra stitching on a few.  The background to my kraft is a wash of cosmic shimmer yellow and some orange too (I taped my paper down when I did this so it didn't crinkle too much and painted it on with a brush).  I arranged most of my pieces and the 2 photos and then stuck some of the hexagons down with 3D foam, next came the embellishment adding - which really is a random collection of things I had from American Crafts, studio calico tags, cosmo cricket, shell from the beach, some bakers twine.  The alpha is American crafts and the brown is Lime Twist.

The photo's are from my summer holiday....I have LOTS still to scrap and most of them are on the beach :)  I love both these pics - the body boards were a great investment.

I also have some exciting news - It's a Creative World is starting up again and I get to join a wonderful group of ladies and inspire you all with different projects and ideas.  You can pop over and see the Design Team and some of the projects already created so you can see the sort of inspiration that will be in the posts.







18 comments:

  1. I love all the yellow - perfectly sunny for such amazing photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your layout!! I need to scrap that hexagon idea!! Amazing and congrats on the DT!!
    TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I love all the hexagon shapes and the colour combo is fantastic. Another great page with fab boogy boarding photos xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, lovely textures and a big hit of colour to brighten the day. As usual a fab layout and great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this! Love how bright the entire layout is but how your pictures still truly stand out! Fantastic piecing of the patterned papers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love all the little details. :) Congrats on the dt too

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a bright fun layout - TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, LOVE this! What, may I ask, doesn't look good on kraft???? I can't think of one thing! :) The yellow is so happy. I love all the treatments on the different block and yes, it's very honeycomb...right on trend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this fun surf layout!! Found you from the blog post at Scrapbook.com, following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great LO....love the hexagons and the yellow works so well with the Kraft!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic layout, love the use of hexagons and all the yellows together work really well :) Congrats on the DT :) Wish I had signed up for shimelle's party now as I have seen some fantastic creations from peeps who signed up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great LO! I love the colour (I'm partial to yellow those days) and all the paint and details!!

    Congratulations for the DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bright and great!! And I love those hexagon shapes

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the hexagons and the stitching! Awesome :)
    I just signed up for that class last week but haven't started yet.
    So excited to.
    And I love the yellow background on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails