Wednesday, 2 November 2011

Family


Here is my 1st page made using the gorgeous November Scrap Rat Kit - it was lovely opening the box and seeing all the goodies and this month has lots of my favourite colours in it - the blues and teal green and some news print and that's just the papers.  As I am doing Shimelles's pretty paper party I had to have a go at the patchwork prompt she gave us, plus with the photo and the title (which came off a stamp) it all worked so well!  This is a shot of all of us on the tree walk at Kew Gardens...beautiful views but quite high up.  I started my page with a wash of peacock blue cosmic shimmer and added a few splats - to make it go further I used a fair amount of water on my brush. I wanted to try the diamond star shape, which I have seen on a few quilts, so cut out several diamonds in 2 sizes from different pieces of papers.  I then stitched around them.  I added a small group of flock rub ons in the corner of the photo - they are lovely and furry.  The flowers were in the kit, and I made some leaves out of the papers - I scored veins on them and inked them with green distress ink and some brown memento ink.  I die cut the family title, used the alpha stickers for the rest and then a couple of the other Echo Park stickers in the pack.




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails