Saturday 5 November 2011

In the trees


Another page using my Scrap Rat kit, it is a shot of my DS on the tree walk at Kew Gardens.  I'm still using lots of the prompts and things I am learning from Shimelle's Pretty Paper Party, so I tried clustering and have used a photo that is smaller than 6 by4 too.The background is Echo Parks apothecary range.  I did flick a few bits of the peacock coloured cosmic shimmer across the page too to add some green.  I used my bind it all to give the notebook edge to the newspaper backing sheet, and then added layers of the echo park Times and Seasons papers behind the photo and stitched and ruffled them.  My pile of embellishments consists of some of the times and seasons stickers, and prima flowers and birds.  I placed a small piece of the news print paper in the frame...as I realised my off cut had the word son in it, I also added a flocked rub on to the corner.  I cut the bunting from the Crate random paper, and then die cut some stars with my cuttlebug and added gems to the centre and ran three rows of wiggly stitching across, then I added the title and just to emphasise it a bit more I stitched a few lines at the top and bottom, journalling to the side - so a fair amount of white space on a page for me



16 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous LO - you are making great examples for the PPP class - thanks for sharing. Is that real newsprint?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout there. Beautiful colours.
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! You know your photo really pops out and is the focal point as well!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love all the little details you have made. This is a stunning layout. (That's a fab walk too!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely page. I really like how you've layered up all the pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the clustering!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that it's very well done! I really like the result :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet layout.
    I like the colours you gave to the photo as it flows so nicely for the colours in this layout.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful LO ad such clever use of the bind it all

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the layering and thanks for the tip using a bind it all - would never have thought of that! Great page :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails