Saturday, 21 January 2012

Couple of clean and simple cards


There were a couple of birthdays in our wider family....and one being a big one!  I wouldn't say card making was my strength, but on these I went for the less is more approach and quite liked the way that they turned out - quite clean and simple (I also had a go at some arty shots of the cards below...which I just like so I thought I would show them to you :D).  The first card has a square of dictionary paper, and one of my Martha Stewart butterflies which I pulled the wings up on, some burlap, an early learning centre butterfly and my Happy Birthday stamp from Handmade Hannah.  The 40 year old one I played with my new Amy Tangerine stamps for the frame, and stamped 40 in the middle (I quite like that the 4 has some of the inky mess from the edge - but unfortunately I didn't manage to repeat it for the 0!), I stamped on a scrap of October Afternoon paper, and then mounted again on some old dictionary paper.  




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails