Saturday, 7 January 2012

Gingerbread (and some exciting news)


I know...it's the new year, but as I was shopping I came across a gingerbread house kit for a bargain price, and having wanted to have a go at one and knowing that my kids would love it I bought it.  The gingerbread was all made, so all we had to do was ice and decorate it...all the bits were included.  I was going for the drippy snow icing look (well maybe not quite so drippy :)) and even though it isn't that neat and tidy and perfect the kids loved making it and sticking the sweets on, and I discovered icing is a lot harder than it looks - I need some lessons.  So we are now devouring the gingerbread house...and here are the 2 gingerbread men that the kids decorated.




Also I am beyond excited to have one of my pages picked by American Crafts for the Facebook Fan Friday event - you can load up pages using any of their products which also include crate paper and studio calico and pebbles and win prizes here is a link http://www.facebook.com/americancrafts
there are so many beautiful pages and projects going up on the site it is lovely to look through.  Have a super weekend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails