Saturday 7 January 2012

Gingerbread (and some exciting news)


I know...it's the new year, but as I was shopping I came across a gingerbread house kit for a bargain price, and having wanted to have a go at one and knowing that my kids would love it I bought it.  The gingerbread was all made, so all we had to do was ice and decorate it...all the bits were included.  I was going for the drippy snow icing look (well maybe not quite so drippy :)) and even though it isn't that neat and tidy and perfect the kids loved making it and sticking the sweets on, and I discovered icing is a lot harder than it looks - I need some lessons.  So we are now devouring the gingerbread house...and here are the 2 gingerbread men that the kids decorated.




Also I am beyond excited to have one of my pages picked by American Crafts for the Facebook Fan Friday event - you can load up pages using any of their products which also include crate paper and studio calico and pebbles and win prizes here is a link http://www.facebook.com/americancrafts
there are so many beautiful pages and projects going up on the site it is lovely to look through.  Have a super weekend.

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! love those cookies! Never made a house before but it does look very fiddly. Yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many congratulations! Your layouts are all so creative that it is no wonder that AC have picked you up! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big congrats .... Not at all surprised though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh congrats hun, your work is amazing you know im a huge fan :-) love the gingerbread house too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats! how fun!

    great job on the cookies and gingerbread house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your AC pick! There's never a wrong season for gingerbread.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on being picked! Your cookies and house are adorable! Looks good enough to eat! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love decorating gingerbread houses.
    I make mini ones from graham crackers and let all the kids (and adults) have a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! It's a gorgeous page :D
    Lovely gingerbread house too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic gingerbread house & congrats too.
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on being picked.That's fabulous!Love the gingerbread-I want to eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on FB Fan Fri feature!! SO COOL :) All the gingerbread stuff looks so YUMMY~!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!! that's great news, well done you :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails