Thursday 12 January 2012

What boys do



Thank you for all your comments and congratulations everyone, I love reading all your comments.  This a summer photo which I took of my DS playing with his cousin....and doing what most boys do in a wood with sticks (tho theirs were log like) which is re-inact a sword fight! 

 I made a little journal pouch behind the title which details the day.  For the page I wanted to make a polaroid style photo...but haven't managed to print any out that shape yet (will do soon tho!) so I mounted the photo on white card stock in a similar shape and wrapped twine around it.  The papers are Cosmo Crickets Social Club (with a small off cut of the October Afternoon and ek success punch I used on my last page).  I used lots of different punches my circle punch, book edge and abstract flower ek success punch, and I made a little bit of a stamped edge with a flower punch (the instructions are here).  I layered up and stuck the photograph panel together 1st, stitched and inked all the edges, then I added some flicks of watered down white acrylic - I'm trying a dropping technique to make them more drip like rather than a flick.  Once those were dry I stuck the photo panel down, then added some banners which I stuck and stitched in the top right hand corner.  I cut out some tags that were on one of the Cosmo papers and mounted them on some burlap, and then stitched them into a banner - letting the sewing machine run a little between each one to space them out.  I also piled my thread up on one side and stuck it with some clear drying glue, I left all the ends to make it look messy too.








27 comments:

  1. It's really cute Sutty! I love the little tags!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. my kinda sewing!!especially with a machine. Another great page-love the burlap. I remember doing a page about my youngest two fighting (years ago)-they are both at college now and i just had to stop them fighting !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I like this one - particularly the colour choice Kat, I'm just getting back into scrapbooking and it's soooooooooooooo nice - I tend to find that when I'm in art journal mode I can't switch back to scrapbooking and vice versa LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny that about boys and sticks isn't it! I love your layout and particularly what you have done with the little tags on the burlap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the dark background again and all that stitching! great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW another FAB page. i must get my sewing machine out again i think xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. STUNNING! Love it and your LO's are just amazing and inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome page! I like the misting on the dark background and those little burlap tags are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic page - love the stitching

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is really lovely Sutty, love it.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great layout. And since I just got my sewing machine for Christmas, I can't wait to do some of my own "messy" stiching! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute layout. Love the tag banner.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Katharine, this is lovely. The burlap is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the burlap and the stitching!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I used to always have a few sticks next to the front door that the boys would find when we were out...and they would sword fight too. fantastic layout, love the photo silhouette of the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many lovely details peeking out here! I really like the hessian banner and the stitching over the letters - must try that :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the layout! Those tags are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous page with some great details :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. eeek, burlap bunting...perfect for a masculine LO and all the stitching across the title is awesome :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really love this LO. Gorgeous banners

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love looking at your pages - so many fun details! :) Great title - I may have to borrow that one. I love the tag banners and burlap and the misting. So many great elements. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. such a cute layout!! love all those cute tags!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your layout is so cute.
    Yup, that is what boys love to do....perfect title.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful LO, colours perfect, I love what you've done with the burlap great idea, so many lovely elements, Just Perfect, x x Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Again, I'm in love with your LO!!! What a nice way to use this great collection! Thsnks for sharing your great work!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails