Tuesday 3 January 2012

Sit a While

It's been a long while - sorry - and I am itching to get back into scrapping again, as I got some lovely goodies for Christmas.  We had a super Christmas and saw lots of family, and a fun new year with friends, and now it is back to the more regular routine which means more scrapping time for me too.  So here is the only page I have managed over the last couple of weeks - I did do a thank you card too, just to play with the lovely stamp set that goes with this paper collection.  The papers are October Afternoon's Farmhouse, I love the yellow grey combination and bits of blue and the doily patterns.  

I started by cutting out some of the bunting and inking it too, then mounted my photo on some white card (inked again with tea dye) and stitched, I added some more OA papers being, and inked and stitched these.  I layered them all up and added some Theresa Collins acetate which I also stitched.  The doily ish band across the centre is my new ek success punch - abstract flower, I managed to work out the measurements to make the circular shape with it (if anyone wants them I can work them out and let you know), there is also some lace underneath.  Most of the tickets and bits are from the October Afternoon miscellany pack for Farmhouse and also one of the cocktail stick little flyer packs they have.  The brads are MME and the butterflies were made with my Martha Stewart punch, a few flicks of blue patina glimmer mist and a Cosmo Cricket tiny type alpha, and that completes my page.  The photo is from May time last year, I realised I hadn't scrapped it and it is of our camping trip and all the kids on a farm gate just as we embarked on a geocaching adventure which became a little damp...there was also a classic moment where we went to see a beautiful picturesque view up the top of a steep hill....that was almost completely obscured by a misty rain!

I hope you have all had good holidays and wish you all a happy new year.




22 comments:

  1. What a beautiful photo and you've scrapped it all so beautifully. Love all the layers and those OA bits and pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous layout to start the new year off with. a beautiful photo and I just love all the bunting.

    Happy New year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning..truly lovely layout. I know what you mean about itching to get back crafting. Happy New Year to you and all the best for 2012. Ax

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sutty, Happy New Year to you and your crew :)
    Sorry I've not visited for a while!
    Beautiful page and a brilliant photo too, love all that fabulous bunting :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your work~this is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving all of the layering and those banners are so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything about this layout is simply gorgeous - colors, arrangement, details! Just love it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful and creative way to start off 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful layout. Love all of the pieces, especially the doily border.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I <3 all of your details! So beautiful. Glad you are able to get back to it! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this layout! I'm loving the "Farmhouse" collection. Need to get my hands on this line.

    ReplyDelete
  12. fabulous colours and so much bunting! Its wonderful. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful! Loving the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fantastic layout!! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful layout. Love all the layering.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh this is delightful...i'd love to sit there and shoot the breeze!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy new year to you and your family.

    Honestly you must be getting bored by hearing me say how stunning your layouts are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous page & fantastic photo.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely LO and a brilliant photo!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love all the details : the different banners, the butterflies and.... everything!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails