Friday, 13 April 2012

Focus


Hello everyone, I know I've been missing a bit with Easter and the holidays, but I have managed a couple of pages so here is the 1st, I hope you enjoy it.  

I decided to have a go at the new My Minds Eye challenge which is to use hexagons.  I'd seen a page with lots of small circles laid out in a grid and decided to adapt it to hexagons, so my idea has evolved.  I've used the lovely MME kraft funday collection. This isn't the best photo as it was indoors on Christmas day and my son is incredibly focused constructing a spherical puzzle he got in his stocking.

I used a template for my hexagons, and some of them I cut out and filled with confetti - I made it using some small punches and then covered the inside layer in glue and layered it all in.  Another lovely technique I have seen recently is layering up lots of punched strips of kraft paper so I used my martha stewart lace punch and covered a couple of hexagons this way - I love the texture it gives.  I also layered a few of the gutted hexagon pieces on some of my hexagons and then carefully laid them all out in a grid with lots of measuring!  The photo I matted on some red card and then cut strips of the kraft funday paper which I layered behind - I inked and distressed these, then I added a layer of glassine paper and a strip of tissue tape with a twine flower.  I stitched a paper banner on the sewing machine and draped that around the photo and in the top corner.  My final touches were white flicks of paint (I love how it stand outs on kraft papers) and some chipboard Lush letters which I inked a little so the blue wasn't quite so bright.

I had lots of fun making this and here is a link to the challenge if you fancy digging out those hexagons (mine are all hand cut - I do have a die cut machine but couldn't work out how to make a perfect hexagon shape....tho somehow managed to work out how to do it on paper!)










LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails