Monday, 2 April 2012

Tower Bridge

Here is my page for April 1st's studio challenge.  These photos seemed a great excuse to dive into the Portabello Road collection from Papermania. The photo is from a recent trip to tower bridge (see my previous post too), this one documents some of the beautiful city skyline you get to see from the bridge. For the page I started with cutting and mounting my photos on white card stock and then inked around the edge with tea dye distress ink. I then cut some strips of paper to go behind the photo, so these strips are just under 2" wide and varying lengths, I inked and crumpled the edges too. When I had worked out where those were going I used a doily as a mask and then used some broken china distress ink and rubbed it through using a makeup sponge so there is a subtle hint of a mask on my white card stock (and using ink so another bit of the challenge done). I cut a couple of vertical strips and one I used my ek success book pull out punch, again inking it, I also used washi tape to stick it down (as part of the challenge). I added a layer of some torn glassine envelopes and used a friends Memory Box border die (thank you Shelia...who did infact die cut it for me too). I die cut some kraft doilies (using MME kraft funday papers) and spellbinders iron work die (ticking another one of the challenge), I wove some twine in too (another part of the challenge too). Over on the other side of the pictures I used the scallop square shape that came with the portabello papers as a template and made my own, then stuck some star buttons and a die cut star (another but to include). I added some strips to the top and bottom of the paper which I stitched and some flicks of blue and red cosmic shimmer. So just in case you have missed the is to include 3 of the following - kraft paper twine die cuts star ink. If you would like to join us then please do here is the link and the prize this month is a £10 voucher for Craft Island


Related Posts with Thumbnails