Monday, 17 September 2012

How High?



Whilst we were on our hols I cam across My Minds Eye Follow Your Heart Papers - I had come so close to getting them before and once I saw them  in the flesh I had to get a few - even better that they were on offer.  This page was made with Val Mangans sketch over at the Studio - there are lots of other gorgeous pages to inspire you to.

I started off with my misting and used the studio calico circle mask (I cut out a circle the same size as the Studio Calico mask so that I could over lap them, and I also used the mask as a stamp and printed with the misting ink).  I then chopped an inch off each side and used some of the MME paper as the background (yes I did gut it so it is only a frame of blue paper).  I added some corrugated card gesso prints, and dry brushed some gesso around the page, then I cut out the circles - for the large one I used the mask as a template and the smaller one is the inside of a roll of double sided tape.  I inked and distressed the edges.  I cut out some of the hexagons from the range, made some banners, added washi tape and staples.  I used MME Lush letters for the alpha....however ran out of 'h' so that is a 'b' and the inside of an 'o' - tried to make a feature of it!!

The photo is from my sons climbing party - he and a few friends loved it - they had 3 walls to practise on before going to the big wall....where the challenge was - how high can you go.






LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails