Monday, 27 June 2011


This is my LO for scrapfactor - the challenge was not to use any patterned cardstock, so I used everything else in my stash instead.  The shot is one of the early ones of my father and I...I have been assured by him that his moustache is not a handlebar stated in the journalling :).

I started this page with my bazzill kraft paper and a square of hessian, and stitched around the edge in cream thread. I also splattered a little white acrylic paint around. I mounted my photo on some pink DCWV paper, and inked the edge of some cream lace with tattered rost distress ink.  I added a doily and then started with all the embellishments - lots of prima flowers layered up with buttons stitched through them, some chandellier crystals, a Tim Holtz tag, and a Martha Stewart butterfly that I pinned on.  The cabachon roses are earrings, and the pink rose ribbon was a headband, the chipboard bird from an American Crafts kit.  The title I stitched and used a running stitch so it is a two tone.

It was a nervous weekend for me as I was in the bottom 2 - so I have another LO I will share tomorrow (one of my favourites) that I used for voting for that.  Fortunately I made it through so thank you to everyone that has been voting.

This is my sneak peak of this weeks LO, the challenge is to rescrap a photo you have used before...and I found another flower tutorial to have a go at too :)  please go and have a look at all the beautiful LOs in the gallery on ukscrappers.


Related Posts with Thumbnails