Monday 20 June 2011

Express Yourself




This is my ukscrappers scrapfactor LO for last week, the challenge was to use texture, so lots of sewing and some tissue paper, felt and string to add lots of texture to it. I use Echo Park For the Record papers, and started by putting a wash of watered white acrylic on the background and then stitched lots of lines across the page. I made a tissue paper strip by stamping and then sticking tissue paper on a sheet of acetate (I cut it to go around the photo too so the LO wasn't too bulky). I cut, ruffled and stitched the other sheets of paper, and place a poundshop crocheted coaster behing them. I splattered some ink across the LO too (I had a bit of a disaster as the ink ended up looking pink on the white paint, and I tried to make it redder by adding more, and the blobs just got bigger and still pink.....so a few doily stickers and I couldn't see it anymore!! :) I painted and cut out a piece of text from a book for the express title using Heidi Swapp chipboard letters. I stapled the 3 pieces of string and threaded them through one of the cardstock elements and added a couple more felt roses.



The shots are of my DS expressing himself to the kite that he is following up in the sky - he has a huge range of expressions and faces you can often see how he is feeling just by looking at him






Now onto the challenge for this week which was no patterened paper..so I have used lots of other things. Please go over and have a look in the gallery and look at all the lovely work that has been created for this week, and you can join in and play along to win prizes.

10 comments:

  1. I'm really enjoying your entries each week, your such a talented scrapper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great LO - I love that your pieces always have bits of interest for the eye to find - lovely work.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh there is sooo much to look at on your layout, love the crocheted doily, the tissue paper and the lace up. will pop across to uks in a mo to see this weeks lo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the texture! That layout is really something! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layout, I really like how you have tied the whole thing together with the red. Great textures too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that layout-you sure head the nail on the head re texture!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this LO.The doilie,the lace,all the little finishing touches.It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous page, so much to look at

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your layout is gorgeous. Love all the texture. Such sweet photo's.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely layout Kat. I love the frilly paper and all of the stitching. TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails