Monday 6 June 2011

Blowing Bubbles and EXCITING news

This is my LO for the week 7 scrapfactor contest - it was based on a sketch.  I used Crate Papers portrait papers which I bought with some spending money I won from Handmade Hannah, the alphabet is girls paperie and again I bought that from her shop too :) Here is the sketch

For this LO I did lots of crumpling and layering of papers to match the colours in the photo.  I die cut several circles for the pannel down the side and stitched down them.  I piled up some of the crate paper embellishments in the corner and made some grey felt floweres to go with it, I also used glossy accents to pick out some of the bits on one of the doily die cuts.  A little bit of stitching, some bling and string and this is what I came up, it is a shot of my DS playing with a bubble set our kids were given when we were camping - kept them busy for hours!






 Onto this weeks challenge which is to take your inspiration from a movies, so this sneak peak will leave you all guessing what movie - it's one of my childhood favourites :)  Hop over to the gallery and see all the lovely work everyone has created for this week, and you can play along too and win some prizes.

Last and by no means least is some very EXCITING news is that I have been selected to be on the Scrap Rat DT - their kits are lovely if you haven't seen them go and have a look and they have a great list of ladies I will have the pleasure of working alongside. 


10 comments:

  1. What a great layout! I love all the layering! Congratulations on your news!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the dt & love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great layout, i love all the layered detail and the 3d circle panel gives a lovely effect.

    Congrats on your DT too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the embellishment - great LO

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on making the DT.
    Your layout is so neat. Perfect sketch for your photo's. Love your take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A well deserved design team role! Congratulations. I love how you have used the Portrait papers and embellishments on the first layout - so creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on making the DT. Love your scrap factor LO, those little felt flowers are so cute, and great colours in the LO :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What I love about your layouts is all the 3-d ellements you make, very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all your layouts - you always do a great job - very inspiring.

    Congratulations on the Scrap Rat Design Team - will be going to have a look at their kits later today. Can't wait to see what you come up with. Enjoy :)

    Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on making the scraprat dt! Their kits look gorgeous, can't wait to see what you create with them.
    Fab page, love all the layering and little details.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails