Thursday, 24 May 2012

100% Boy


Here is my page from my Trends on Tuesday post over at A Trip Down Memory Lane.  I had a go at using negatives, and the lovely Crate Paper Random collection with a little Farmhouse thrown in.  The picture is of my son just sat on the edge watching some roller skating in a school hall, and I caught his attention to get the photo.

I started the page with some more scrapes of gesso (I now have an old credit card style card to do the scraping rather than the cardboard).  I also added some watered down flicks in either corner.  I cut a yellow strip of the Farmhouse paper and die cut 4 stars which I then stitched together to make a little banner under the photo.  I stitched all my pieces of paper with black cotton this time so it stood out, and inked the edges.  I added a few more stars and used my favourite abstract flower punch by ek success.   The title fits with my son, as he is definitely a boys boy, though in his own words he does play with tom boys too.






LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails