Thursday, 10 May 2012

Step by Step for a Summers Day



I have seen lots of fab posts on other blogs with shots of how people got to their final page....so I thought I would have a go.  Forgive some of the photos as it was getting dark and I had to hold the camera as still as I could.

The started my page with choosing the photo and then matching it up with the papers....which are the Echo Park This and That Charming range - so my colours are predominantly green and yellow.  

First job after that was to create myself a masking tape border (I didn't measure it) and then I scraped gesso across the page using a cardboard tag from my next jeans - mainly as it was a bit plasticised and I didn't have an old credit card to use.  Once I had done this I then painted the edges of the tag with gesso and used it to make some lines down the page. 


 I then left it for some drying time, and dug out some sequin off cuts, I tried using a foam sponge but the colour wasn't very strong, so I just dabbed my cats eye ink pad across the sequin mesh to get the effect above.



I then masked some of my sequin mesh and used an aqua colour too.




I took of my masking tape, the paper was a little warped with the paint, but it will flatten in an album.


I cut out 8 hexagons, and distressed the edges and inked them, I also tore some bits of paper out of a dictionary and layered them behind on the page.


Knowing where the photo was going I then added a couple of strips of paper above the photo - one of them I used a book style punch (the one where it looks like you have torn it out a book) and added some of the Echo Park stickers on the left side too.


I stitched around the edge of the gessoed section with a zig zag stitch, and then set to work on the banner.  I used some green bakers twine, I layered a line of glue down across the page and then added the twine carefully on top.


Ok so this photo is only in here because I like it, but I inked and distressed my banner...and stapled it before I stuck it on so I didn't have to staple through my photo.


I added my banner with foam pads


Added some gems and then used some thickers and EP stickers for the title, as well as adding some drips of green and yellow shimmer mist to each corner (I cover my photo with a piece of paper when I do this bit).  I also layered up a little line of banners at the bottom on the right hand side and a journal spot for behind the photo.

I hope you enjoyed that - this was all based on the sketch over at the Studio challenge blog so if you want to have a go and win a prize then click here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails