Friday, 18 May 2012

Birthday Cards


For my post over at A Trip Down Memory Lane I had a look at tabs that are quite trendy to use at the top and bottom of your pages (and a fab use of the odds and ends of paper that you are left with).  I decided to see whether they would work on a card too, and this is what I came up with.  I used some of the Crate Paper Farmhouse collection and some garden twine, punches and stamps.  I secured my twine behind the tabs and then stapled it across the card, and hid the end again at the bottom behind the tab.  I stapled some Martha Stewart butterflies along the twine and added Happy Birthday using some silicon glue.



This is the card that I made for my nieces - I cut out the 5 using my silhouette and then layered up lots of strips of kaisercraft papers behind the die cut.

We've got a busy weekend with a swimming gala and a dance/singing performance but I should be back on Sunday with a page.  Hope you all have a great Friday.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails